Monday, July 30, 2012

An Absolute Joy

It is an absolute joy for me to be working with MetaPlume, my publisher, and more of a joy to have Fiona Gatt as my mentor.

I am pleased that I have struck a cord with MetaPlume, and a friendship with Fiona.

As any aspiring writer knows, there are a few hard tasks in writing, that test the most intrepid of us.

Editing is one that we do not like, as we often think that everything we have written down is important, exciting, interesting or not able to be left out.

Russel Clements, or Mark Twain as we know his name in books, was a wise man when he said that "There are three things that the aspiring author should remember, and that is edit, edit, edit."

A short story with lots of interest is better than a long, boring, verbose tome similar to the mating habits of the South American short toed gnat. I think there is a book with that title, but it was so boring I put it down after reading the preface.

In all the hard things about writing, getting your work published can be the most disappointing. We write to get published; that is the name of the game. Rejection is hard to take, especially when no critical, helpful comment is returned with your work.

I am now a proud, published author thanks to Fiona and MetaPlume. Do yourself a big favour and contact her, you will not be disappointed.

Please purchase a copy of my first effort. Who knows, it may become as valuable as the first edition of Playboy, with the nude centerfold of MM.

[Image Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment