Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Why Write

I write words, I put thoughts on paper, not great thoughts nor great words,
But themes that may induce some enjoyable thought in others.
I cannot reach out and touch all those that I seek to please,
I only have hope that I find those that will be my sisters and brothers.
A family of like minds where we communicate for the sake of joy,
For the pleasure of saying the things that calm the troubled mind.
Inspire happiness, or love, or the most delightful things of life,
Using the word like a gentle caress, maybe even a lovers toy.
To stand and talk face to face to some is a waste of thought,
For whilst you speak they travel mental roads, different tracks.
To place the written word before their eyes, commands attention
Yet the fault lies with the ones whose power to learn, often lacks.
The written word, like ink stains in the cloth, like brands upon stock,
Sits in perpetuity, waiting for someone to seek another's mind.
And then, in decades yet to come, you may strike a resonant chord,
That, my brothers and sisters of the pen, is the power of the written word.



No comments:

Post a Comment